Saturday, July 12, 2014

Kevin Vost: "The One-Minute Aquinas"

Recommended reading:
The One-Minute Aquinas, by Kevin Vost (Sophia Institute Press)

Originally, I was not attracted to this book because of the title. I assumed the subject matter would be “over-simplified.” However, I’m now reading The One-Minute Aquinas; I am impressed with how clearly Vost explains Aquinas’ thought. Vost explains Aquinas’ thought simply, but without the distortions that can come from over-simplification. This title may even serve as a good starting point for high-schoolers, especially home-schoolers.

Regarding The One-Minute Aquinas, Peter Kreeft says, “It takes the reader by the hand, step by step, from confusion to clarity, from chaos to order, and from our simplest beginning, our search for happiness, to our final end, eternal union with God. You don't need a philosophy degree or an I.Q. of 165 to profit from this book. You need only an open mind and an honest, searching heart.”

Share This